Friday, May 6, 2011

Noisetrade - Fair Trade Music

"What does it cost?"  "Whaddaya got?"  Noisetrade is a great place for music listeners and independent musicians.  The former is delighted to find diverse and wondrous music sold as listen first then pay what you think is fair.  All that is required is your e-mail addy and your zip code.  I often find a new artist there and then buy other product they choose to sell elsewhere.  The latter gains exposure, a test market and though I doubt anyone gets rich I bet one can do alright.  This is an outlet for music to be honest and not cajole the fickle sensibilities of us mass-market types (peasants!). 
My latest treasure finds were Ivan & Alyosha's Fathers Be Kind and Molly Parden's Le Premier.  Wow!  Fortunately, I can listen now and tip later because as a disabled, fixed income listener,  I fall in a category like to many others who tip, not what a things worth, but what we can afford.  That these talented people are offering their music makes me wish I could afford so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment